Erdrick, known as Loto in the Game Boy Color remakes, is the title given to a legendary hero in the Dragon Quest series. The first three Dragon Quest games revolve around the of Erdrick, who is known as the hero who freed the Kingdom of Alefgard.
In Dragon Quest, the hero is a descendant of Erdrick, and follows in his footsteps to reach the Dragonlord's Castle and confront the Dragonlord. There is a place named Erdrick’s Cave, where a tablet, written by Erdrick to their descendant, the hero, may be found.
Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
In Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, the heroes are also descendants of Erdrick, exploring the expanded world of Torland, including the continent of Alefgard.
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
In the ending for Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation, which is chronologically the first game of the original trilogy, the King of Alefgard bestows the "Order of Erdrick", the country's highest honor, upon the hero.
It is not possible to select "Erdrick" (or "Loto" in the Game Boy Color remake) as the hero's name, and attempting this causes the game to prompt the player to choose a different name. This is . The Game Boy Color remakes prevent the use of the name "Loto" for the same reason.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
In Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, the player character is a warrior chosen by the world tree Yggdrasil to save the world of Erdrea from a being of pure evil known as Calasmos. After Calasmos is defeated at the end of the game, Yggdrasil bestows him the title of Erdrick.
In the first three Dragon Quest titles, several items that once belonged to Erdrick have his name in the title.
- Erdrick's Sword is the most powerful sword in Dragon Warrior and Dragon Warrior III. Other names for this sword include Sword of Erdrick (Dragon Warrior II) and Sword of Kings (Dragon Warrior III).
- Erdrick's Armor is the most powerful armor in Dragon Warrior, which protects against the hit point damage from poison swamps and barriers. It is also known as Armor of Erdrick in Dragon Warrior II and as Armor of Radiance in Dragon Warrior III.
- Erdrick's Token is an object which proves the hero's lineage in Dragon Warrior, which is found in a swamp south of Cantlin (or Mercado in the Game Boy Color remake).
- Erdrick's Tablet is a message written in stone by Erdrick in Dragon Warrior III and left for the hero in Dragon Warrior. It gives instructions on what items are needed to reach the Isle of Dragons, which is the location of Charlock Castle. The tablet is found in Erdrick's Cave.
- The Helmet of Erdrick - The helmet worn by Erdrick when confronting Zoma. This item exists only in Dragon Warrior II, and it is not a specific armor from Dragon Warrior III. (It may be assumed to be Ortega's Helm in the remake of Dragon Warrior III).
- The Shield of Erdrick - The shield used by Erdrick when confronting Zoma. This is the name found in Dragon Warrior II. It is called the Shield of Heroes in Dragon Warrior III, and it does not exist in Dragon Warrior.
Names in other languages
- In the original Final Fantasy, there is a grave for Erdrick (in the remakes, the name is Link).
- Erdrick's sword is wielded by a mark in Final Fantasy XII. It is referred to as the Wyrmhero Blade.
- This article is a stub. You can help the Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.